Here's a great way to pack a healthy lunch for work!
1. ½ cup fresh spinach leaves, torn into one-inch pieces
2. ½ cup kale, torn into one-inch pieces
3. 1 small tomato, chopped
4. ¾ cup chopped salmon OR egg OR chicken breast (optional)
5. ½ cup black beans, lima beans, or pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
6. ¼ cup chopped red or yellow bell pepper
7. ¼- cup chopped or shredded carrots and onions (optional)
8. ½ avocado, cubed
9. 1 handful raw walnuts~ turkey bacon is optional for those who want a cob salad
You will need one portable container, such as a Mason jar (approx. 3-cup capacity)
• 2 tsp rice vinegar
• Juice of ½ a lemon
• 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Layer ingredients 1 through 8 into the portable food container, beginning with the first ingredient listed. As you add each layer, gently smooth the food layer with the back of a spoon. Top with walnuts and secure with container top. In a separate portable food container or plastic zip bag, mix the dressing ingredients. When you are ready to eat, remove salad lid, sprinkle in dressing, replace lid and gently shake. Eat layer by layer or stir to mix.