This summer, with temperatures reaching well into the 90's and humidity levels above 60 percent, staying well hydrated is important for everyone, especially when exercising. I have been trying my best to find the perfect re- fueling beverage for my post run recovery drink. Consuming enough water is most important but replacing lost electrolytes and getting the right balance can be a challenge for some. Too much sugar or sodium can cause some runners to cramp up so I look for beverages with low sugar content but ones that contain essen...
• 3 green onions, roughly chopped
• 1/2 avocado, peeled and pitted
• 1/2 cup orange juice
• 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 3 ounces spring greens or mesclun mix
• 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
• 1/2 pound asparagus
• 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
• 1/2 cup pistachio nuts, shelled
• Puree green onions, avocado, juice, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor until smooth to make a dressing. In a large bowl, toss greens, strawberries, asparagus, chickpeas and p...