Following my previous blog post, here's a great recipe that is sure to keep your skin glowing due to it's high omega-3 content:
Salmon with Red and Orange Vegetables
• 2 King salmon (wild) fillets, washed and patted dry, skin on
• 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
• 6 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped small or minced
• 1 red pepper, chopped
• 1 bunch kale, chopped or torn into small pieces
• ½ cup of vegetable stock
• 2 to 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
• 2 TBSP fresh-squeezed lemon juice ...
There are many foods that support heart health, but one of the nutrients that is most important to maintaining healthy cardiovascular function is Omega-3 fatty acids. An excellent source of Omega-3s is fish – fish is low in saturated fat and is high in Omega-3s.
According to the Harvard School of Public Health, eating two grams of Omega-3 fatty acids from fish each week "reduces the risk of dying from heart disease by 36 percent." Aim for two servings of cold-water, fatty fish each week, such as salmon, halibut, and lake-trout. Smalle...