The New Year is upon us! Have you had time yet to reflect on last year and contemplate your goals for 2017? If not, over the next week or so, consider asking yourself these questions:
1. What were 2016’s positive highlights for you? ( Note: this answer usually helps you get back on track if you need to for the future! )
2. What were your biggest challenges?
3. What made you happiest in 2016?
4. What is one goal you want to achieve in 2017?
5. What bad habit do you want to get rid of next year?
It's not easy to stay in shape once you hit the middle years. Believe me, I know! It takes commitment and hardwork to keep yourself feeling young and vibrant as you age. There are a SIX simple steps I take regulary to help me stay healthy, even if I "splurge" occasionally.
~ Eat a very large salad that contains two-three cups of mixed greens ( kale, arugula, and spinach) once a day and stick to a very light dressing
~ Eat at least a 1/2 cup serving of beans/legumes a day in a soup, main dish, or salad
There is something great about new beginnings. The start of the new year is one such time, when the past is an increasingly foggy memory and the future offers the clarity and promise of possibility. We are now arrived at the time for plans, so take a moment to evaluate yours!
It is important to be honest with yourself when setting out goals. I usually jot down three areas of my life that I want to improve with three manageable goals for each group (For example, Business, Health, Family; it's my 3x3 plan!). What I mean by manageable is...